Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 2012 week 2

Ok, so I said one garment a week... But my dear sewing friends, this dress continues to sit on my sewing table taunting me. The pattern is great, the instructions are clear, I love the alterations I made: but I hate the fabric.

I can't begin to tell you how many times this has happened to me over the course of my years sewing. But this time it is particularly frustrating because this pattern is not easy, and I put a lot of hours into making it fit.
So to look at where I am and say, "I love it but I look like Wednesday Adams in it." is a disappointment to say the least. *sigh*

I do think I will finish it, and salvage the outfit with a light colored cardigan... But I am planning on seriously searching for a better fabric and making it again soon.

The availability of fabric is a problem that continues to vex me... So, what thoughts do you all have about sources for great fabric online? How do you choose well when you can't see the fabric in person?


No comments:

Post a Comment